I just love girls camp. I remember when Heidi was in YW, I longed to be with her in the YW program, I was never given that opportunity, sadly, but with Tara, I have been able to be a leader and now a camp director. Wow lucky for me.I did not have all the pictures to post, so I am sure I will need to post again when I have them but for now a sample of the wonderful time we had.
A family in our ward (Joe, and Beverely Burgess) allowed us to stay in their beautiful cabin near Kolob reservoir. We arrived in the morning, and went right to the resevoir, Our Bishop Mike Heap and Jeff Jones brought up horses, they had a beautiful trail to ride. Tara of course came back thinking she needs a horse! HUM!!!! there was kayaking, and Cheryl Sillitoe taught them to fly fish, she even made little tackle boxes for each girl.
In this picture: Hanah Morgan, Erin Heap, Sara Kunzler, Terri Linford (YW President) Cherly Sillitoe, and Marion Morgan sitting.
 |
| Add caption |
 |
| Tara and Madie Alger |
 |
| Calin, Rachel, and Becki Williams, With Tara and Madie |
 |
| After a wonderful day at the lake, and on the horses, we went to the cabin, when the Bishop brick fixed a delicious dutch oven dinner. after dinner, Denis Robinson, told the girls a story, then out they went for their scarey hike. Denis comes to girls camp every year to tell stories and take the girls out and scares them to death! They love it! |
 |
| The next morning Laura Higbee came up, she works for "Red Mountain spa" she both did and taught the girls to give facials. |
 |
| Maria Smith came up to teach pie making. we had delicious pie for dinner that night! |
 |
| Adrianne Tawa arrived to teach UKE. lessons, and some fun Hawaiian songs |
Our fearless leaders: minus me ... picture taker.. Marion Morgan, Adrianne Tawa, Nina Barnes, Bev.Burgess, Maria Smith, Jeanene Reynolds, Terri Linford.
 |
| Jenni Leavitte came up and taught the girls manicures. their fingers and toes were mighty beautiful! |
 |
| Towa Tawa came to teach hula and fix a Laua to eat.. it was delicious!!!! |
 |
| The next morning.. the girls slept in , then a late breakfast and movie.. then up stairs for Yoga... after yoga we did foot massages. |
|
 |
| Mari Burgess arrived to do hair and make-up.. the girls were all beautiful! she gave a lot of beauty tips. and ideas. |
 |
| Then we took the girls to a meadow with the most beautiful purple and yellow flowers. they had tied died their shirts. Rhon Solomon and Tanner came to do a "Photo Shoot" here is just a small sample. This is one of the darling Heap twins. either Megan or Marrisa? |
 |
| Allison Mellor |
 |
| Sam Kunzler |
 |
| Tara, Erin, Sam, Madie |
 |
| Erin |
 |
| When the girls were through, the cabin was decorated in candle light. ready for their 5 course meal, We had Chef Jason MCcune, and assistant Malena Burgess |
 |
| The food was very DELICIOUS! |
 |
| The girls loved the slide! |
|
|
After the dinner, we had our "Faith Walk" and Testimony meeting. then it was time to get on PJ's and get ready for the midnight movie. They chose to watch "Charley" yes we all cried! games, more food and lots of talking and laughter. We had a wonderful time. I loved working with Nina as the camp directors. and our YCL's were amazing. they planned and carried out this wonderful camp. or should I say Oasis. Thanks so much to our YCL's Tara, Sam, Becki, Sara You are amazing!
1 comment:
Oh My Goodness! Are you sure this was girls camp or were you at a luxury spa! How fun. You must have put so much work into this. You are so good a pulling everyone together to make everything the best of the best. Can I come next year?
Post a Comment