Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Martins Cove Trek

Our ward went on the trek to Martins Cove. Rex and I were a "Ma and Pa". We had a wonderful time. It was harder than I expected. It was a great experience.
Here is Tara and Chanel.
Here is Rex sporting his beard he grew just for the trek. We are at the Sweet Water Crossing in this photo.

Mason, KC, Brooks, and Brock pulling the handcart.


Tara and Brook, along with other young women crossing the river.



KC, Tanner, and Rex pulling the Barnes and the Shipps across the river.




Ashlyn, Brock, Devin and Ashley





Chyanne, Chanel and Tara - three little peas in a pod.





Tanner was given the responsibility in his group to take care of the baby. He took his assignment very serious. He even took it in his tent at night to keep warm







2 comments:

Susy said...

What an experience for you all. Loved all the pics. Rex's beard reminded me of how I remember seeing him for the first time on highland. Didn't he have a beard then...or am I dreaming?

Stacia said...

Yes he did have a beard.. and He had a beard the first time I met him on our Blind date... He used to grow one every year at the the deer hunt.. he would shave it off after he got his deer.